Soooo I saw this picture of fashion week street style where a girl was wearing ripped studded pocket bleached jeans and I’ve been obsessed ever since. Originally I wanted to buy some, but I realized I had everything I needed to make these in my closet. Here's what you'll need:
1. First I decided to go with some old, too big white jeans that have been lying in my closet unworn forever. To get the really light wash denim look I put them in the wash with all the dark blue jeans I own (I you don’t have any offer to do your friends’ laundry I’m sure they’ll be down). Wash in warm or hot water and choose the cycle with the longest pre-soak time. After that your white jeans should have a very light blue shade to them.
2. When your jeans are dry, iron them so that the single seam lays flat. Most jeans have one double seam (you can see this one from the outside of the jean) on one side of the leg and a single hidden seam on the other. You’re gonna be sewing along the side with the hidden seam.
*Tip: Choose jeans with about the same feel and stretch.
3. Then lay your old jeans on the ground and line up your good jeans on top. Trace along the side of your good jeans onto the old jeans.
4. Now it’s sewing time! With a sewing machine, sew along the line you traced. Ask someone to do it for you if you don’t have one. Cut the excess fabric, leaving about a 1/4 inch that you’re gonna zig-zag sew to prevent fraying. You can them try on the jeans and tweak them until you’re satisfied with the fit.
5. Then it’s on with the studding! Use the seam ripper to unsew the back pocket half way or simply cut it and then stud away! I didn’t take pics of this part but there are a million tutorials on youtube on how to stud denim. Here’s one of them I found randomly.
6. Now get your ass in those jeans and rock em’!!